Don’t miss out on the latest CyclingTips updates.
Week 5 has now passed and all the hard work is starting to bear fruit for these dedicated competitors. I think what we’re starting to see here is that losing weight if you’re a cyclist is extremely hard . The lifestyle is already a healthy one and the required change to drop a couple kilos is significant.
The OPEN Strategy competitors are still leading with a total loss of 26 KGs! BUT, the RIDEWISER Strategy team is making realistic and maintainable progress and has a total loss of 9.8 Kg’s. The big difference here in the aggregate weigthloss is that there is one less person on the Ridewiser team.
Ridewiser Weight Loss Tip – Drink more H2O, NOW!
Do you know how important good hydration really is? Check out these Top 10 Water Facts
- Dehydration is often confused with a sense of hunger! People often eat rather than drink more H2O.
- ‘Thirst’ is a body-mind signal that arrives in your brain AFTER YOU ARE ALREADY DEHYDRATED
- One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or
- A 4% drop in body weight results in significant exercise performance loss (that’s the 2kg you lose on a long ride – bang!)
- 8-10 glasses of water a day can significantly ease back & joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
- Water makes up more than 55% of body-weight in healthy people.
- Over 70% of the general community is chronically dehydrated (always under-hydrated)