Christmas Stocking Stuffers
I hate to say it but Christmas is creeping up on us fast. For me, it seems to happen even more quickly here in Australia because none of the usual signs of Christmas are flashing in my face. Out of nowhere it’s all of a sudden December!
Before Christmas gets too close I thought I’d write out my cycling wish-list while there’s still time to act. If it’s my wishlist, there’s a reasonable chance it might be yours as well. This little list of stocking stuffers can be forwarded to your partner, kids or relatives that will make for quick and easy shopping that will relieve everybody!
Here are a few gifts ideas under $50 that St. Nick can slide into a cyclist’s stocking on Christmas morning.
1. (Warning – blatant self promo) 2010 Cycling Tips Calendar. I’ve extended the ordering deadline as I still have quite a few left. You can order it from here.
Image from Aqto.com.au
image from Rapha.cc
4. Cycling Book
- The Cyclists Training Bible: A comprehensive training resource written by Joe Friel
- The Time Crunched Cyclist: Chris Charmichael presents a new path to competitive fitness without the time demands of traditional methods.
- A Dog In A Hat: Real life tale of American bike racer in Belgium struggling through mud, drugs and betrayal. By Joe Parkin
- Campagnolo: 75 Years Of Cycling Passion: Celebration of Campy’s rich history
- Lance: The Making Of The World’s Greatest Champion: Profile of Lance’s rise from a hell-raising Texas kid to a world class champion. By John Wilcockson
- Lennard Zinn’s Bicycle Maintenance books: Lennard Zinn’s best selling book on road bike repair and maintenance updated with the newest technology.
- Magazine subscription: RIDE and Bicycling Australia are excellent Aussie cycling magazines (may be a bit more than $50, but a great gift nonetheless)
5. Cycling DVD. Here are a few suggestions based on my favorites:
- Hell On Wheels
- Road To Roubaix
- A Sunday In Hell
- American Flyers
- The Flying Scottsman
- Breaking Away
Image from DeFeet.com
Anything on your wish-list that I’ve missed?