No changes to GC today and not much action until 156km (minus 200m). For once I picked the winner in my tipping competition, however I found out this morning that I already picked him earlier in the tour and it doesn’t count! I’m in the running for Magna Noir.
As usual, the Quiz is at the bottom and I managed to get some more big photos for you to enjoy. Have a great weekend and don’t forget to bid on Cadel’s shoes! I’ll see some of you on the cobbles of Melburn-Roobaix on Sunday. WOOT!
(curated by Sam, our trivia master)
1. How many previous winners of the Giro are competing this year?
2. How many stages in the Giro has Cadel won since 2002?
3. What does BMC stand for?
Bonus: The climbers on the Monte Zoncolan stage used 39 tooth big chain rings, what size did immortal 5 time Giro winner Fausto Coppi use when he won on the Monte Zoncolan stage in 1952
Answers From Yesterday:
1. Out of the 92 Giro’s held, Italians have won 65 of them. The next best country with 7 wins is Belguim (Eddie Merckx won 5).
2. RadioShack was the ProTour team not invited to the Giro by organisers this year. Euskaltel-Euskadi and Francaise de Jeux chose to skip the Giro this year.
3. Francesco Moser is married to Simoni’s Aunt.
Again, this ironically ad-free page brought to you by: (I’ll figure out how to get the ads back while keeping the photo sizes on the weekend)
Wattbike (the ultimate ergo)
Cycling Edge (Topolino, Edge wheels and Parlee, MOOTS, and Independent Fabrication)
Bikeforce (Giro Ionos Helmets for $299)
RIDE Magazine (My favorite Aussie cycling mag – enter their TdU competition!)
Milani (nice handmade Italian bikes).