Don’t miss out on the latest CyclingTips updates.
The fourth and final week of the What You Missed This Morning Photo Competition is now complete. Since I felt that the World Championships was in dire need of exposure in the week leading up to it I decided to push the competition out. Not to worry…this only meant that there were some excellent submissions taken from the World Champs last week. It was very difficult to pick out the best photos from the 500 I received in the past two weeks. As you’ll probably notice not all of the ones picked below have 100% to do with the quality of the photo. The caption and the sentiment has just as much impact as the photo itself.
Next week I’ll pick the top 20 photos and let you vote on the best ones so we can name the winners. See the bottom of the post for all the great prizes up for offer.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the spring weather!
Note: there are lots of images in this post which seems to make Explorer crash. I’m still working on the problem, but for now it’s best to use Firefox, Chrome or Safari on these image heavy posts.
Photo by Stefan Rohner
CyclingTips’ sponsors have donated some fantastic prizes towards the competition. If you send a good photo you’re pretty much guaranteed to win something.
- The Grand Prize is a <C-4> CA2.7 wheelset from Endless Pedal. I own a set similar to these and I rate them highly. You can read a review of these wheels here. Australian Residents only. Note – color may be slightly different than shown.
- Second Prize is a 1 Year Strava membership along with a Garmin Edge 500. If you haven’t used Strava yet I suggest you check it out. It’s free to try. Australian and New Zealand Residents only.
- Fourth Prize is a 2 year subscription to RIDE Cycling Review. Australian and New Zealand Residents. An international winner is still eligible for a 1 year subscription
There are some great runner-up prizes on offer as well:
- 5th prize is an uber-cool BMC messenger bag.
- 6th prize is a Vuelta prize pack which includes a phone lanyard, sunglasses, cap, La vuelta bracelet and backpack courtesy of TopBike Tours. They’ll be brining these goodies back from their 2010 Vuelta tour going on right now. Australian Residents only.
- 7th prize NEW The Sufferfest has donated 5 indoor training videos for download. I’ve tried these things and they’re great for a motivating and structured interval session. Thanks guys! Open to anyone in the world.
- note: The RIDE THE WORLDS prize was given away last week because of the competition being pushed out with the World Champs on.
International Competitor Prizes
I’m very fortunate that you visit CyclingTips and I’m keen for you to be involved with this competition. After all, you’re the ones getting the summer weather and providing the inspiration for us! I’m sure you understand that most of the sponsors of CyclingTips have specific interests in marketing to cyclists in the region (marketing for the various parts of the world falls into different distributor’s budgets).
However, for the International competitors I’m happy to put up a Cycling Tips jersey and knicks to provide some incentive. Sorry, but I only have limited sizes left, but hopefully it will work out.
More World Championships
In case you didn’t your fill of the World Championships over the past couple weeks, there’s another big event going on this weekend – the 24hr Mountain Biking World Championships. Normally I wouldn’t be too interested in this event because, let’s face it, all the competitors are absolute nutbars. There’s no way I could relate. However, my good mate Brad is competing and I know how hard he’s trained for this. Let me tell you – he’s ready. He makes the rides that I’ve been doing this winter look like a joke.
Brad’s faithful assistance will be twittering updates, so if you’re interested you should follow him. Good luck Brad and the rest of you crazy mountain bikers!