The North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show begins tomorrow in Sacramento, CA. My good mate Todd has built up a bike to feature in the show and is one of the few Australian “Handbuilt” bike being represented (all of which are Baums). He just sent through some photos of this work of art.
After the NAHBS weekend we’ll have a good recap of all that was interesting, bold, beautiful, and over the top. You can read more about NAHBS here and also follow the Cielo blog covering the event throughout the weekend.
“I wanted to show what Australians can do in the industry and prove that the “Handbuilt” bike industry in Australia is the finest in the world. What I set out to do was create a beautiful, fully functioning track bike to race in many events both indoor and outdoor over the coming years.
With lots of help from Darren Baum, this is what we have created…
Custom titanium Baum Corretto frame
– Enve 1.5 Track fork
– Tune Bobo headset
– Custom integrated carbon bar/stem combo
– Campagnolo Pista cranks – custom anodised black
– Speedplay Track pedals
– Custom recovered Fizik Arione CX Carbon braided saddle by Busyman Cycles (Mick Peel)
– Custom leather bar tape by Busyman Cycles
– Lightweight Track wheels on Vittoria track tyres
– Custom bars by LuescherTeknik
Pics attached… although they did commit the cardinal sin… didn’t get the valves pointed up because they tried to get the crank right (fixed wheel, the thing obviously couldn’t just be pedalled backward to have it line up.)”