Joining VeloClub not only supports the work we do, there are some fantastic benefits:
August 20, 2012
Rapha and Dirty Deeds brings Super Cross to Australia, delivering super-charged cyclocross racing to Melbourne. Spectators can enjoy racing of all abilities; from the best in the land to absolute beginners. The winning combination of beer, pies, frites, DJ’s, live music and cowbells will create the best atmosphere this country has ever seen at a cyclo-cross event. Whether you’re a competitive racer or a family looking for a good day out for the kids, there will be something there to entertain you…
MUD. SWEAT. FRITES. COWBELLS.
Quite possibly the most entertaining day of cyclocross racing Australia has ever seen. Food, music, activities for kids (face painting, kids race, monster), and of course racing for all abilities.
THIS SUNDAY 26 AUGUST
• Competitive racing
• Challenging courses
• BYO beer
• Belgian-ish frites
• Live music
• More cowbell
Entry for spectators is FREE and the race action will be called by the best race commentator in the known world (well, Brunswick). You can also feast on pies, frites and other suitably heartwarming fare. There’s live music from our very own race DJ and you can also enjoy a whole load of other stuff (but mainly cowbells).
Where and When
• Sunday 26 August.
• Registration from 10:30 am so get there early. Kids race is first up at 12pm. Face painting for kids and adults from 10:30am
• Harrison St Velodrome, Brunswick. VIC
• Race categories and entry
• Entry is available on the day.
Categories and Schedule
• Registration: 10:30 – 12:00pm (this is more important than your race time!)
• Course Open: 10:45-11:45
• Kids mixed: 12:00 (10min +1 lap race)
• Any Bike Race (MTB/CX): 12:20 (30min +1 lap race)
• B Grade CX: 13:10 (30min +1 lap race)
• Womens CX: 14:00 (30min +1 lap race)
• A Grade CX: 15:00 (45min + 1 lap race)
• Presentations: 16:15
Keep Cross and Clash On – Melbourne Super Cross
We are stirring things up for Melbourne Super Cross 2012 with our Keep Cross and Clash On challenge.
The premise is simple: celebrate cross and give a nod to the ‘race within a race’ that we all know goes on, week in and week out.
For the Rapha Super Cross DDCX event, we’ll be running Keep Cross and Clash On by inciting a Naming of your Nemesis.
You know that fellow racer who just pips you at the line each week, and no matter what you do, you are always within a place or two of this person? For Ben Hegerty, his nemesis is of course Dustin Adderley.
So, Sunday 26th August at Harrison St Velodrome, you can visit the Rapha tent, name your nemesis*, and you’ll be awarded a Kill-Sticker.
Your nemesis is chosen by you.
• The naming of your nemesis does not have to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
• The spirit of the battle is that it’s a close race; choose appropriately.
• Rapha Kill Stickers are awarded for battling at Rapha Super Cross only.
• If using Twitter or Instagram, use the hashtag #namingmynemesis