Orica-GreenEDGE Winery Ride Photo Competition
Want to win a weekend away with Orica-GreenEDGE at the picturesque Mitchelton Winery and ride with them on one of the most spectacular regions in Victoria? All you have to do is submit a photo for a chance to win…
River And Ranges Winery Ride
The inaugural River & Ranges Winery Ride 2012 is a unique ride where everyday cyclists get the opportunity to ride alongside and have a chat to the pros from Orica-GreenEDGE. Held at the Mitchelton winery in the Nagambie region, including the majestic Strathbogie Ranges, offers some of the most stunning and challenging roads in Australia and the area is renowned for its wineries, water sports and craft markets. It is the perfect place to go for a weekend escape.
Simon Gerrans, Stuart O’Grady, Simon Clarke, Allan Davis, Luke Durbridge, Baden Cooke, Mitch Docker, Michael Hepburn, Leigh Howard, Cameron Meyer, Travis Meyer, Wesley Sulzberger, Robbie McEwen, and Michael Matthews will participate in the River & Ranges Winery Ride in the beautiful Nagambie winery region on November 25th 2012. The Australians will be joined by Belgian Jens Mouris, Swiss Michael Albasini and New Zealander Sam Bewley.
The River & Ranges Winery Ride includes two ride lengths – offering something for the recreational cyclist and competitive cyclists along with their families.
– 60km flat course
– 150km challenging ride through the Strathbogie Ranges
For those who prefer wine over wheels; the day includes a cycling village with local gourmet food and wine producers and free music and free children’s activity provide additional entertainment for the whole family.
Find out more here: www.wineryride.com.au
The Orica-GreenEDGE team is back here in Australia for their own training camp and have selected one of their favorite areas in Australia for their homecoming. For a chance to win a weekend away with them, all you need to do is submit a photo of your favorite riding locations in Australia. It can be your favorite road, the best cafe after a ride, your favorite vew from the saddle, whatever you want. Add a caption to put the photo into context and that’s it! Be creative, compose the photo beautifully, and show off your own version paradise – whatever that may be.
How To Enter
You can directly submit a photo via the gallery page or you can instagram or tweet your photo with the hashtag #OGWineryRide. Make sure you write your name and a short caption along with it. It’s as simple as that.
[phcomppage page=”photo-competition-no-form” competition_id=”1″]
The grand prize is a weekend away incliding:
– Two entries into the River and Ranges Winery Ride at Mitchelton Winery on 24-25th November and go for a ride with the Orica-GreenEDGE team (your choice of the 60km or 150km route).
– Accommodation Saturday night at the Nagambie Lakes and Leisure Park
– An invite for two to an exclusive dinner at Mitchelton Winery on Saturday Night where you will be joined by the Orica GreenEDGE team.
– A bottle of GreenEDGE Mitchelton red & sparkling wine to take home as a momento of the weekend.
Runner Up Prizes
For the runners up I have 8 DVD bundles to give away:
Tour de France 2012 Complete Highlights
The world’s greatest cycling race and France’s biggest sporting event. Distinctive aspects of this year’s race are, 9 flat stages, 4 medium mountain stages a summit finish, 5 mountain stages – two with a summit finish, 2 individual time-trial stages , 1 prologue, 2 rest days and 9 new stage towns.
One Sunday In Paris
This is the inside story of Cadel Evans’s historic 2011 Tour de France Victory. Featuring exclusive interviews with Cadel, his teammates and rivals, as well as never before seen footage, this documentary provides a fascinating insight into one of the biggest moments in Australian sport. It is a story filled with drama, excitement, passion and ultimately triumph, as the boy from Katherine in the Northern Territory claimed one of sport’s greatest prizes and captivated a nation.
These DVDs can also be purchased here.
Choosing the winner
The winning photo will be the one which receives the most facebook likes. The competition will close on November 4 and two days will be allowed for viewers to judge your photo. The winner with the most Facebook Likes will be announced on Nov 6.
1. The photo you submit needs to be taken between the competition start date (Oct 22) and the end date (Nov 4).
2. All photos submitted will not necessarily make it into the competition. Only photos which I deem sufficient quality will make it through for final voting. You can enter multiple photos but I will only allow one to make it through to the final gallery for voting. If you don’t see it there within 24hrs of submission then it means you didn’t make the cut. I’ll be liberal, but the photo needs to be clear, somewhat creative or nicely composed, good quality and within the theme of the competition.
3. You may submit photos via uploading directly or by using the twitter or instagram hastag #OGWineryRide.
4. During the voting process, multiple photos can be “liked” by the same person, but each photo can only be “liked” once (Facebook will not allow this, which is intentional). You do not have to enter a photo in the competition in order to “Like” a photo to give it your vote.
5. There is no restriction on the type of camera that can be used.
6. Transportation to and from Nagambie is not included.
7. Prizes are not transferable and are only open to Australian and New Zealand residents. If the winner cannot make the dates, then the second placed winner will be notified.
8. Please don’t complain about the voting mechanism or competition rules.