The Bike Lane: The End is Just the Beginning
Welcome to the final episode in season 2 of The Bike Lane. With the Giro d’Italia now over we look back at the race’s critical moments and ask: what will this year’s race be remembered for? We also speak to Geraint Thomas about the leadership at Team Sky, we speak to Robbie McEwen about Orica-GreenEDGE’s fortunes in 2013, Scott gets the lowdown on sports drinks in the Target Healthy Living Tips and we’ve got the much anticipated showdown between Wade and Scott in The Hot Lap. Enjoy!
In this episode we cover the following topics:
- The Giro d’Italia
- How the race was won
- How the race will be remembered
- How Cadel Evans performed
- Mark Cavendish and the points classification
- Leigh Howard shares his thoughts about the race and about his place at Orica-GreenEDGE
- Weekend Warrior, presented by Champion System
- An interview with Robbie McEwen: how has Orica-GreenEDGE gone so far this season?
- An interview with Geraint Thomas: has the media’s focus Sky’s Tour de France leadership affected the team at all?
- Target Healthy Living Tips: Scott talks with Kylie Andrew at the VIS about sports drinks
- The Hot Lap: Scott McGrory vs Wade Wallace — who will win? And can either of them beat Shane Kelly’s time of 1:20.2?
- What’s On Your Mind? Electronic gearing: is it any good?
- The build-up to the Tour de France
A very special thank you to all of our sponsors and supporters who have made this season possible:
- The Bike Gallery and Salford Lads Club for having us film there
- Malachi Moxon and Northside Wheelers for giving The Bike Lane a permanent home
- The Sweetshop, our production partner
- Swensk for dressing our panellists
- Will Walker
- Shifter Bikes
- Shelley Farthing-Dawe
- Joel Harmsworth
- Crispy Chris Dewhurst
- Nick Batterham
- Sarah Freeman
- Jezza Hamilton