Don’t miss out on the latest CyclingTips updates.
After a few-week break during the Tour de France we’re excited to get back up and running with an episode of The Bike Lane to tide you over before we officially start Season 3. In this episode we catch up on all the drama that’s been happening after the Tour de France, we speak to Richie Porte, we interview Elizabeth Hepple (who podiumed in the 1988 Women’s Tour de France), and look ahead to the end of the season.
In this episode we cover the following topics:
- The 1998 TdF positive test results. If you were an athlete’s PR consultant, how would you spin the news?
- What should the UCI do? Releasing all these names retroactively is hardly a revelation anymore and is beside the point. Should amnesty be considered? If so, how should we go about it?
- The Tour de France review. We reminisce on our picks and our favourite moments.
- An interview with Richie Porte to find out what’s next for him.
- A women’s Tour de France alongside the men’s? Is that the answer and will it work?
Please leave comments below or over on our Facebook page and let us know what’s on your mind.