Don’t miss out on the latest CyclingTips updates.
CyclingTips has teamed up with Jaguar Australia to bring you an exciting new photo competition. With a monthly theme to follow, and some fantastic luxury prizes up for grabs it’s time to get snapping and hash-tagging!
We all love a good photo competition, and with the ease of snapping photos from the saddle these days getting an entry in couldn’t be more simple. Each month we’ll be looking through your submissions and selecting the winner of a Soigneur luxury cycling weekend in Victoria, including rolling mechanical support, meals, massages, accommodation and of course a Jaguar support car. All winners will also receive a Team Sky Replica Pro Jersey and Bib Shorts plus a Jaguar water bottle.
Entry is easy, all you need to do is submit your favourite cycling shot, which best represents the current monthly theme.
May: tough routes and high performance
June: wet conditions and adapting to your surroundings
July: best lookouts and glamorous views
August: close-ups and innovative designs
September: teamwork, tactics and cycling with mates
October: your perfect cycling moment
You can enter as many times as you like. The better the shot, the better your chances of winning. We’ll be sharing the best photos each week. Best of luck!
How it works
To submit a photo to the Jaguar Cycling Photo Competition simply post a photo to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #JaguarCycling, or upload your photo through the CyclingTips Facebook page.
At the end of each month we will be selecting the photo that we feel best represents the theme for that month.
The winning photo will be announced each month in our weekly newsletter (sign up here)
For full terms and conditions for the #Jaguarcycling promotion, click here.
Tips and suggestions
- We strongly advise that you don’t take photos while you’re riding. Stop, get off your bike, take the shot then keep riding. We don’t want to hear about anyone crashing for the sake of a photo (or at all really).
- This competition is about capturing the magic of cycling, so think outside the square to stand out.
- Take lots of photos. Even the best photographers will take many more photos than they ever use. And it’s not like you need to pay for film when you’re shooting with a smartphone. So shoot away!
- Post-processing can help bring your photo to life, but don’t overdo it.
- For information about how to take great cycling Instagram photos, check out this article we wrote.
Get creative and have fun!