Last week I wrote about making cookies with Orica-AIS rider Valentina Scandolara and her mother Giovanna. You asked for the recipe – and we’re happy to share it. Whilst Valentina has kindly agreed to allow us to pass along the recipe, she wanted to make sure we told all of you that no one makes these cookies like her mama.
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 150 grams corn flour
- 250 grams white flour
- 200 grams almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon – juice and zest
- 3 egg yolks
- Melt the butter.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and both flours to the butter. Stir well.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla and lemon zest. Stir well.
- Smash three-quarters of the almonds. Add them to the cake.
- Pour the cake mix into a cake pan.
- Add the remaining almonds on top of the cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius.