Remember that epic training ride that Loren Rowney wrote about last week? Yes – we said epic. Because it was a ride that merits the (admittedly over-used) adjective. Following her six-hour battle with gale-force winds, Loren treated herself to her post-training epic omelette. She’s perfected this recipe over time and calls it the ideal meal following a long day in the saddle.
- 3 eggs
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- goat’s cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 avocado
- curry powder – to taste
- red pepper – to taste
- paprika – to taste
- salt – to tast
- pepper – to taste
- soy sauce – to tast
- Chop sweet potato in to small chunks. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes
- While sweet potato is baking sauté the onion, tomato, red pepper and spinach in a pan with the curry powder, red pepper, paprika, salt, pepper and sauce sauce.
- Add the sweet potato to the veggie and spice mix.
- Add lightly beaten eggs to the pan.
- Top everything with goat cheese and jamón.
- Pan fry for one or two minutes
- Pour the whole mixture into an oven-safe bowl and bake at 175 degrees Celsius until the cheese is melted and egg is cooked.
- Top with diced or mashed avocado