Don’t miss out on the latest CyclingTips updates.
This Sunday, hundreds of women around the globe will be united by the simple act of riding bike.
Riding together as part of a global movement, racers, enthusiasts, commuters and first-time-cyclists alike will take to the streets in 224 cities world-wide on at least 272 organized Cyclofemme rides.
With a goal of introducing more women to the joys and empowerment of cycling, Cyclofemme is a “socially-driven grass-roots celebration of women on bikes” aimed at:
- honoring the past and the emancipation of our grandmothers and great-grandmothers, for the freedom to choose and the chance to wear pants;
- celebrating the present and the riders who keep it rolling, bringing women’s racing to the forefront, pushing the limits, breaking down barriers and sharing the love of the bike with everyone along the way; and
- empowering the future of women in cycling and the opportunity for positive social change.
Whether you live in Australia or Austria, like riding in the dirt or to your local coffee shop, prefer riding alone or with the whole family, there’s bound to be a ride for you!
Centered around building community, most rides are beginner-friendly, social and involve some version of a Mother’s Day brunch or picnic.
Be part of the global movement, and come ride! Grab your friends, your mom, your kiddos or whomever you choose and find a ride near you.
Australia, here are your ride options:
1) Bike Path Only ride for mums with kiddies and new-to-cycling ladies. Approximately 20km along the riverfront.
2) Riverloop Ride for those comfortable doing a combination of roads and paths. Approximately 40km.
3) Mt Nebo Ride for confident ladies wanting to head into the beautiful hills of Brisbane. Aproximately 70km.
4) Beginners MTB ride at Gap Creek. A mixture of fire trail and double track with easy obstacles. Suitable for beginners.
5) Social MTB ride at Daisy Hill. A faster but still social ride for those comfy on a mtb and wanting to see the new trails out in the Daisy Hill Park!
1.) Scenic ride with the famous Arthurs Seat Hill to conquer first up, waiting at the top of the hill for a catch up before the descend into the lovely Sorrento for brunch.
It’s not too late to add a ride to the list! Already have a group ride planned for Sunday or want to get a bunch of mates together? Register your ride here.