Don’t miss out on the latest CyclingTips updates.
With a rapidly growing business CyclingTips is looking to hire a Commercial Manager for the Australasian region.
Primarily responsible for relationships between CyclingTips and the wholesale/manufacturers within the bike industry as well as media agencies and direct out of industry clients, the Commercial Manager we are seeking is an experienced, detail-oriented, and self-driven sales innovator able to work autonomously within a framework, and to set targets.
The Commercial Manager is experienced in creating bespoke solutions for clients, and has the ability to sell multiple products – everything from page banners to sponsorships and events.
The right candidate for this position must have 5+ years of experience in a similar role with an extensive network within the cycling industry and media agencies.
Just as important, the candidate we are looking for is passionate about cycling and has an excellent understanding of the culture we are a part of.
CYCLINGTIPS COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Commercial Manager is responsible for relationships between CyclingTips and the wholesale/manufacturers within the bike industry as well as media agencies and direct out of industry clients.
- Provide outstanding customer service to advertisers
- Create long term relationships with industry wholesalers and brands
- Create long term relationships with media agencies
- Ability to assist clients with their campaigns and come up with creative solutions
- Provide banner, EDM and sponsorship solutions to advertisers within the CyclingTips network
- Sell across multiple channels, not limited to banner advertising, events, and sponsorships
- Provide mid and post campaign reports to all clients
- Fulfil client campaigns via our Google Double-Click ad server
- Use admin system to record client contact in a timely fashion
- Complete weekly/monthly KPI report weekly and on time
- Achieve monthly KPIs
- Other duties that are required to help the business grow
- Passion for cycling and a deep understanding of the sport
- Preferably in Melbourne or Sydney
- Ability to travel within Australia and overseas
- Ability to write copy, take photos and create video
- Ability to host small events (e.g. rides, clinics, discussions, industry events, etc)
- Charismatic, well spoken, and can speak with senior level management
- Existing network within cycling industry and Media buyers/agencies
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to network and speak/relate with upper level of management in the Australian bike industry
- Minimum 5 years of bicycle industry contacts with wholesaler and direct brand level
- Knowledge and understanding of digital advertising and media
- Innovative thinking about creative advertising and promotional solutions
- Understanding of the boundaries between editorial and content
- Understanding industry landscape and stakeholders
To apply for the Commercial Manager position please provide a copy of your resume, and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31/01/2016. Please note that not all candidates will be contacted for follow-up.