Banana bread these days is more like a cake – it’s loaded with margarine, refined sugar and ‘fillers’.
This recipe is the most popular recipe from my page and for good reason! It’s easy to make, tastes delicious and is the perfect treat to start the day or end a ride.
I love mine toasted and spread with some butter, alongside a good coffee.
To make it last longer, you can make a loaf, slice, then freeze individual portions.
Bumper Banana Bread
What you’ll need:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice or almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons L.S.A (linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds) *almond meal works
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup sultanas (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash bananas and stir in eggs, honey and coconut oil.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, L.S.A and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together and spread into loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Better known as The Wholesome Athlete
, Meg Gillmer is a Sydney-based cyclist and passionate foodie. Currently a student at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, meg is on a mission to bring us all fresh, seasonal and simple food to get the most out of our bodies and move away from processed products. She’ll be sharing some of her favourite recipes with us.