CyclingTips is looking to hire a Production Editor to join the organisation’s Australian team based in Melbourne. Reporting to the Australian Editor, the Production Editor will be responsible for production, creation and publication of content on the CyclingTips website.
This position suits a recent journalism or media graduate with preferably 2+ years of experience with an excellent news sense and a meticulous eye for detail. A passion for cycling and a deep knowledge of the sport is a must.
The Production Editor will be able to work well as part of a team, while also being a strong self-motivator that can work autonomously.
- Production of online content for publication on the CyclingTips website
- In particular, the collation, creation and production of content for the Daily News Digest
- Editing and sub-editing of article copy
- Monitoring and reporting of website and social media analytics
- Creation of social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
- Creation of original content for CyclingTips website
- A passion for cycling and a deep understanding of the sport
- Preferably based in Melbourne or Sydney
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Proficiency with WordPress as well as HTML and CSS
- A strong news sense and understanding of what makes a good story
- An understanding of the cycling media landscape and the ability to collate interesting content from a wide range of sources
- Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Ability to write clean copy and take great photos and video
- Selflessness and the ability to also work autonomously
- Creativity and the ability to innovate
- Proficiency with social media
Key selection criteria
- Journalism/media degree or equivalent, or relevant industry experience
- A passion for cycling (particularly road cycling) and knowledge of the sport at a professional level
- A meticulous eye for detail such as spelling, grammar, formatting, story structure, photo selection, design, etc.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com by Friday February 19.