Don’t miss out on the latest CyclingTips updates.
Nearly 7,000 kilometres, 320km per day, and more than 50,000 vertical meters of climbing over three weeks. These are just some of the inconceivable numbers that Sarah Hammond accumulated as she rode across the USA and completed the TransAm bike race.
We spoke to Sarah on the phone from Yorktown, Virginia right after she finished her epic journey at the Yorktown Victory Monument today:
While you’re listening…
- You can view Sarah’s tracking page here.
- View Sarah’s Instagram page here (@flexgoogly) with photos from the past three weeks.
- Read our preview of the female racers who took the challenge of the TransAm race.
- Read about Jesse Carlsson’s TransAm race in 2015 where he won be a comfortable 500km margin. Jesse helped with Sarah’s preparation and was instrumental in supporting her and helping the local community follow along.
- Last but not least, if you enjoyed Sarah’s adventure and it inspired you, go and donate what you can to her GoFundMe page to help ease the blow when she gets back home.