VeloClub is CyclingTips’ membership program which brings us closer to our members, and connects likeminded cycling enthusiasts.
Here at the CyclingTips Emporium, we’re giving you the opportunity to order your custom wet bag in time for Christmas! As each bag is custom made with your name and country flag, we are running a pre-order until Friday, October 13 …
It’s said that there’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices. Bad weather is what memories are made of and if you want to embrace the elements, you need to prepare for it. Years of getting battered and beat up will give a cyclist the experience and foresight to know how to layer and de-layer during a race or ride.
Together with Scicon, we’ve teamed up to bring you customised wet bags with your own name and flag (yes, the Sufferlandria national flag will be recognised). Orders close on October 13.
These wet bags that you’ll see the pros using are not only good for supported rides and races. They’re also great for storing all your essentials in so you’re organised and never forget anything. Each side of the bag is clearly labelled for shoes, warmers, jerseys, etc. so you’re never that guy at the races going around and asking someone if they have a spare set of shoes or a vest.
Tips for what to put in your wet bag:
– Bring more than you think you’ll ever need, you won’t regret it.
– Bring a second set of shoes.
– When racing, a rain vest is usually all you need. A full rain jacket is often too warm if you’re riding hard (or cut down the sleeves of your rain jacket).
– Get a proper rain jacket that fits properly. A cheap wind jacket is not a good substitute.
– If you’re on a supported ride, a fresh base layer and pair of socks will make you feel like a million bucks.
– There’s nothing like a good vest. It’s one of the most important pieces of kit. Own a light summer one and a heavier winter one, and stuff both of these in your wet bag.
For the everyday cyclist, the wet bag is your perfect training companion, ensuring you know exactly where everything is so you don’t end up 10 minutes late for your group ride again because were trying to find your arm warmers. We’ve all done this. Not only that, but your partner will thank you too when there’s not kit all over the house, as it’s stored away in one neat little bag.
For a limited time, we’re also giving you the opportunity to bundle it with a CyclingTips Saddlebag. Find the bags here and order now to receive yours in time for Christmas.