CyclingTips is a quickly growing company with a fantastic career opportunities and a work culture second to none. We are on the leading edge with creating a new business model in cycling media and we’re only getting started.
Head of Marketing
CyclingTips is looking for an exceptionally talented and driven person to lead our global marketing efforts across all lines of business (media, membership, e-commerce and events). This position is based at our headquarters in Melbourne, Australia. Moderate travel will be required.
The successful candidate will ensure that all of our products meet the demands of the market, and that we get the most out of our service to our readers, members, customers and industry partners.
Role and Responsibilities
- Bring online content to life through physical experiences, and vice versa
- Support our media sales team by communicating with the industry and showing them what we’re doing
- Working closely with our sales team to come up with effective solutions for brand partners
- Leveraging the content we produce in different ways and through different distribution channels
- Identifying and forming strategic partnerships
- Audience growth and retention
- Input to the editorial direction based on market demands
- Helping create assets for our media sales, membership and e-commerce
- Creating a strategy around ambassador programs, race teams, sponsorships, etc
- Cross promotion between lines of business and ensuring each are leveraging off of each other
- Lifting the CyclingTips brand itself and ensuring all our activities help strengthen our reputation in the community and industry
- 5+ years experience in marketing
- Must have an intimate knowledge of cycling, it’s heritage and actively participate in the sport/activity.
- Extensive cycling industry knowledge and networks
- A good understanding of the media agency landscape and how they operate
- Proven track record of executing successful marketing projects and campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think creatively to accommodate clients needs
- An ability to assess market needs effectively and address needs through new products and services.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of the various media channels in today’s world and how we use each more effectively
- Expertise and strong ongoing interest in media consumption, advertising techniques and where the media industry is headed.
CyclingTips offers competitive benefits as well as industry discounts, attending high profile cycling events, and being a part of a passionate industry.
Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org