CyclingTips is a quickly growing company with a fantastic career opportunities and a work culture second to none. We are on the leading edge with creating a new business model in cycling media and we’re only getting started.
Our mission at CyclingTips is to bring you the best content in the world that showcases the beauty of cycling in all its glory. We want to inspire people to love the sport as much as we do, and ultimately pull you away from the computer to get out for a ride.
To achieve our mission, we need to attract the best people around the globe which allows them to put their skills and experience towards something we’re all passionate about: riding bikes.
If you consider yourself the best of the best and you want to be a part of a fast moving business on the bleeding edge of media and technology, please submit your CV to email@example.com
CyclingTips is looking for a talented web developer with strong development experience using the WordPress CMS. Our head office is in Melbourne, Australia, but the position is open to remote applicants as well.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the CyclingTips website while also building new systems to facilitate the needs and goals of the business.
Understanding what cycling enthusiasts are looking for, as well as discovering and implementing new platforms for storytelling is essential.
As the role expands, we will look to build a team around this role to be able to expand operations and functionality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Installation, testing, and deployment of plugins and available updates
- Custom theme and plugin development
- Liaise with team members to plan development of new and modification of existing components
- Liaise with hosting support team to discuss and plan for any necessary infrastructure changes to facilitate the website
- General refactoring and management of legacy code components
- Some level 2 user support
- Internal website support
- Possible management and coordination of external development assets
- CSS using SCSS
- Familiarity with modular practices
- Extensive use of jQuery
- Familiarity with third party JS libraries
- Familiarity with object-oriented practices
- Package management via Composer
- Advanced WordPress development
- Theme development
- Plugin development
- Template development
- Familiarity with the WordPress internal APIs
- Familiarity with the WordPress REST API
- Development of custom REST endpoints
- Version control and deployment via Git
- Experience using 3rd party REST API systems
Non-essential, but good to have
- Familiarity with Vue.js using Vue CLI to build SPA type applications
- Experience writing build processes using NPM + Gulp
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL)
- Familiarity with Vagrant virtual box – specifically using Chassis.io
- Experience using WP CLI
- Familiarity with the Divi builder plugin including custom module development
- Experience writing unit/functional tests using PHPUnit
- Experience writing integration tests using Cypress.io
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org