CyclingTips is a quickly growing company with a fantastic career opportunities and a work culture second to none. We are on the leading edge with creating a new business model in cycling media and we’re only getting started.
Our mission at CyclingTips is to bring you the best content in the world that showcases the beauty of cycling in all its glory. We want to inspire people to love the sport as much as we do, and ultimately pull you away from the computer to get out for a ride.
To achieve our mission, we need to attract the best people around the globe which allows them to put their skills and experience towards something we’re all passionate about: riding bikes.
If you consider yourself the best of the best and you want to be a part of a fast moving business on the bleeding edge of media and technology, please submit your CV to email@example.com
We’re looking for a passionate, talented tech writer to produce industry-leading content focused on bike equipment and technology. This includes updating our audience on the latest tech news, writing in-depth reviews of products in the road, gravel, cyclocross, and cross-country mountain bike spaces, and working across text, photo, video, and audio.
This individual will work in a full-time capacity in conjunction with our two existing Tech Editors to execute CyclingTips’ editorial vision and grow our audience.
The ideal candidate will be able to take the spark of an idea and turn it into a polished story, podcast, and/or video ready for CyclingTips.com.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing engaging tech content on a variety of topics
- Writing daily tech news stories
- Helping produce videos and podcasts
- Exceptional writing skills. In particular, the ability to explain complicated subject matter simply and clearly
- Excellent communication – our team is spread across the world
- Deep contextual knowledge of bikes and cycling gear and ability to evaluate equipment on its merits
- Proficiency in still photography
- Willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally
- Ability to produce clean, accurate, grammatically correct copy on a tight deadline
- A world-class bullshit detector
- Passion for the technical side of cycling
- An unflappable sense of personal integrity and professional ethics
- A reasonably flexible schedule that will occasionally require working evenings and weekends
- Willingness to relocate to Boulder, Colorado, or the surrounding area (European candidates will also be considered)
- Comfortable on-camera and behind a microphone
- Background working somewhere in the industry, particularly in bike shops
- Comfortable building and maintaining bikes
- Experience in writing for the web, including the use of a CMS
- Experience using various Adobe products, including Photoshop, Audition, and Lightroom
- Can change a flat in under a minute and knows a PF30 from a BB30
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Commercial Manager – Australia
CyclingTips is looking for a exceptionally talented, driven and connected person to lead our commercial projects and media sales in the Australian market.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about cycling, sales, and can take leadership in developing and managing relationships with our commercial partners within our endemic and non-endemic clients.
This person must have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue targets, ideally within the cycling industry and with media agencies. This position will be responsible for driving revenue targets, helping our partners solve their problems, and sustaining longterm relationships.
The successful candidate will be part of building an exciting growing business in the cycling industry alongside an enthusiastic team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritisation and metrics for measurement of deal status.
- Meet or exceed sales goals each quarter.
- Continuously develop an extensive set of relationships with middle to senior level leaders in the cycling industry and at agencies.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around our services.
- Continuously grow revenue with current partners as well as sales of new and incremental services.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
- Reporting metrics to clients.
- Understand the assets we have and how they fit into client goals.
- Creatively respond to client needs and proactively approach prospective clients to show how we can help.
- Build and execute against a sales plan.
- Prepare deal overviews and contract summaries for key stakeholders.
- Travel when necessary to meet potential customers – must be willing to be on the road when necessary.
This role is based in our South Melbourne office. Travel to the various clients within Australia is required.
CyclingTips offers competitive benefits as well as industry discounts, attending high profile cycling events, and being a part of a passionate industry.
- 5+ years experience in sales/business development, ideally within the media industry.
- Must have knowledge of cycling, its heritage and actively participate in the sport/activity.
- Proven track record of successful six figure sales and exceeding revenue goals.
- Demonstrated ability to instigate, carry through and close deals.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think creatively to accommodate clients needs.
- An ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Expertise and strong ongoing interest in media consumption, advertising techniques and where the media industry is headed.