Joining VeloClub not only supports the work we do, there are some fantastic benefits:
by Shane Stokes
August 16, 2017
In today’s edition of the Daily News Digest: Gesbert takes stage one of the Tour du Limousin; Landa signs two-year contract with Movistar Team; Van Baarle signs on for two more years with Cannondale-Drapac; Terpstra continues with QuickStep Floors, Leezer with LottoNL-Jumbo; Lappartient says UCI should set up a new top-level women’s stage race; Cycling world mourns death of 2004 Olympic champion Wooldridge; Threatened boycott of world team time trial championships appears to be over; Retired pro Iris Slappendel chases new land speed record; Bewley extends with Orica-Scott, says he wants to help squad achieve a major milestone; Preliminary order made against cyber-squatters in LeMond case; Greg Henderson ends pro cycling career; Meet the oldest female BMX racer in the US; Video: Phil Gaimon’s “Worst Retirement Ever,” Episode 7: Lookout Mountain
A father and son duo accused of taking control of multiple web domains using Greg LeMond’s trademarked name and business have been ordered to shut down any online use. A federal judge in Minneapolis has released a preliminary order pointing to LeMond’s “likelihood of success” in the $6.6 million lawsuit.
District Judge John Tunheim’s court order indicated that 66-year-old Frederick Stinchfield and his son, 32-year-old Frederick Stinchfield III, “have admitted that they have no interest in maintaining ownership of the domain names and that they are willing to transfer whatever ownership interest they have … to LeMond.”
LeMond had previously accused them of being cybersquatters and of taking control of 66 web domains linked to LeMond and his Grail business. The websites included lemondgrail.com and grailcarbon.us, and were published with allegations and slurs detrimental to LeMond.
The elder Stinchfield has claimed that someone not known to him must have hoarded the web addresses in dispute. He said in a court filing that he wanted LeMond to “acknowledge publicly [that the] proceeding against me was erroneous and inappropriate.”
He told Startribune.com via email on Monday that there was no change in the litigation. “The judge is merely keeping the status quo until trial since we said we had no interest in any of Lemond’s marks or names. This remains bogus and defamatory litigation as to me.” LeMond’s attorney Lawrence M. Shapiro stated that the triple Tour de France winner “is pleased with the court’s order.” He declined to comment further about the lawsuit.
Click through to read more at the Star Tribune.